first job. I tried my hand at several endeavours, ranging from clothing design and manufacture to surfboards, but non of them were really successful.
Staying in Cape Town, I found work as a freelance illustrator and did a lot of work in the comic book industry. All along I was painting in my spare time. In 2008 I decided to focus entirely on my painting.
The first year was extremely tough, I made no money. I also took up airbrushing and started spraying motorcycles of which mostly Harley-Davidsons. At least some money was coming in and I was surviving.
At this time, I was painting in a photo realistic style and paintings took forever to complete.
In December 2010 I radically changed the approach to my painting style by using only large brushes which initiated some remarkable changes and effectively started my career as a serious, full time artist.
I focus on creating energetic and expressive portraits and nudes on a fairly large format in oils and acrylics.
Many of my works now adorn the homes and offices of clients around the world.
- 2016 Chefs who share Auction, “Rescue Me” sold for record price of R245 000.00.
- 2016 Art Angels Auction, Camps Bay, Cape Town. “Bittersweet” sold for R170.000.00.
- 2016 Commissioned By Telecoms Giant. T-Systems to produce a portrait of Olympic athlete Wayde Van Niekerk. Subsequent piece is auctioned off at new record price of R265 000.00.
- 2016 Prominent Artist used for the Bolton Market Shopping Mall Project. Manchester United Kingdom.
- 2016 Turbine Art Fair, represented by DF Contemporary.
- 2016 Stroke Art Fair in Munich, represented by 34 Fine Art.
- 2016 Fine Arts Festival, Benguela Cove, Cape Town, South Africa
- 2016 Group Exhibit, Range of Arts. Villa Domuse, Honfleur, France.
- 2016 Remain(s) – Group skull Exhibit, DF Contemporary, Cape Town.
- 2016 Urban Art Fair, Paris, France. Represented by 34 Fine Art.
- 2015 Art Angels Auction, “A Heart’s Journey” SOLD for record price of R120 000.00
- 2015 Chefs who Share Auction, “Emily’s Wish” SOLD for record price of R110 000.00
- 2015 Turbine Art Fair, Johannesburg, represented by Diedericks Faber, Sold out.
- 2015 “Consume” solo exhibition, Lizamore and Associates, Johannesburg South Africa.
- 2014 Group Exhibit, Equus Gallery Cavalli Estate.
- 2014 Group Exhibit, Diedericks/Faber, Johannesburg.
- 2014 Reckord Price recieved for the piece “Maria’s heart” at Art Angels Auction.
- 2014 “GAZE” solo exhibit, RED Gallery, Cape Town. (SOLD OUT)
- 2014 “GAZE” Solo Exhibition, RED gallery Cape Town.
- 2014 Participating Artist, Art Angels Auction, Ellerman House, Camps Bay, Cape Town
- 2014 Group Exhibition, Diedericks-Faber, Cape Town.
- 2014 Kaleidoscope Group Exhibition, Kalk Bay, Cape Town.
- 2013 Group Exhibition “Summer Gala”, Stellenbosch Art Gallery, Stellenbosch.
- 2013 “Inconvenient Truths” Solo Exhibition, Art on Leviseur, Bloemfontein.
- 2013 Participating artist Art Angels Charity Auction, Ellerman House, Cape Town.
- 2012 Participating artist, Art Angels Auction, Ellerman House, Camps Bay, Cape Town.
- 2012 Two man Exhibition, Lovell Gallery, Woodstock.
- 2012 “Inside” Solo Exhibition, Rust en Vrede Gallery, Durbanville.
- 2011 “Riders” Two man collaboration, Everard Read Cape Town.
- 2011 “Fresh” Group Exhibit, Everard Read Cape Town.
- 2004 Group Exhibit, Bang Gallery Johannesburg.
- 2004 Group Exhibit with Igubu Collective, University of Stellenbosch, Stellenbosch.
- 2004 Group Exhibit with Strika Entertainment Chelsea House, Somerset West.
- 2003 “Venge” Solo Exhibit, Bell-Roberts, Cape Town.
- 2016 Featured Artist in Arte Al Limite, Spanish Art Magazine Publication.
- 2015 Feature Artist in ” The South African Artist” magazine issue #20.
- Cover of “Good Taste Magazine” December/ January 2014.
- Articles on my work has been published in local newspapers such as “The District Mail”
“Venge”, self published graphic novel.
- Several publications regarding my comic art have been made online
- I was featured on e-tv and in several radio interviews on “Artscape Radio” and “Bush Radio”, Cape Town.
- Marie Claire Magazine.
- “Garage” Magazin